H2O is a project Robert dreamed up when he (obviously) had way too much free time on his hands.
(It's a hobby. What can I say?)
- Raspberry Pi (RPi) is the heart of the sensor.
- Milone fluid level sensor (resistive strip technology).
- Custom breadboard/module interface between RPi and Milone sensor.
- Interface module has an ATTiny embedded controller on it.
- RPi and breadboard/ATTiny communicate via I2C.
- The Sensor runs a Ruby script which polls the ATTiny and uploads sample data to the Server.
- Ruby on Rails application.
- Bootstrap for web site styling.
- Postgresql database.
- Server runs on a Digital Ocean "droplet".
- RESTful API for Sensor to upload fluid level measurements.
- RESTful API for iOS app to authenticate the user and show sensor levels.
- The iOS app queries and displays each of the sensors associated with the user (login required).